Friday, August 2, 2013

Lost in the Busy-ness

Lately I've been asking myself this question: What can you let go of to start enjoying your family more?

I don't know when it happened but I've been noticing how I get lost in my days of busy-ness and forget to enjoy my family. 

I try to look back and see what I've been doing that has taken my focus on what should be my #1 focus on this earth. 

It seems that my work for the most part has been the biggest culprit. The phone calls, emails, texts, updating my many social media accounts, working on trainings, preparing for big events, messaging potential team members, cleaning my office (yet again), and seriously the list goes on and on. 

But is it really my work? OR is it in fact my lack or organization? Definitely the latter of the two! 

Another thing, I have filled and filled and filled all my time with commitments and now I feel like I don't have time for my family.

It really slapped me in the face today when Velata posted this today:
That is CRAZY!!!! Now I know I spend more time than that in conversation with the girls because we spend a lot of time together because we homeschool. But ill be honest here, my kiddos and husband see a lot of the top of my head too. Way more than they should be (I know this is true because just today Alyn asked if it was time to get my roots touched up!)

But when I sit back and concentrate on a good, quality conversation with any of my littles or my hubby, I honestly can't think of the last time it happened. This brought me to tears. 

How did this happen? But more importantly, what am I going to do about it?

I've never set up parameters when it came to our Scentsy business. I mean, it's a hard thing to do when it's your passion to help other women succeed and when you ARE your business. There is no one to tell you when to clock in or out. Which is awesome but you definitely have to find balance or you end up like me. 

So starting next week, I'm going to set up business hours. Not necessarily with everything, but definitely with the daily stuff like emails, marketing, etc. I'm also going to put down the phone (unless I'm taking photos!) and only check texts, calls, and Facebook when I have it 'scheduled'. This one is going to be hard but the most rewarding. So please know that if I don't respond to your text right away, I will soon... I promise. 

I'm also going to be more intentional with other things like planning meals, dates with my husband, and one on one dates with my girls, cleaning schedules, etc. 

It's time to refocus and get organized again. Ill blog my journeys and what I try and how it works. I'll blog my successes and failures. And it will all be worth it because when I slow down, this is what I see. 
And it makes my heart so happy. 

What do you do that helps you keep your family at your focus and not let other things consume you? I'd love to hear!

XO
Jari

Breakfast: tea and pomegranate fizz tab, protein shake with strawberries and blueberries. 

Snack: tortilla chips and salsa

Lunch: brown rice, black beans and grilled lime chicken with tortilla chips and salsa

Dinner: grilled chicken on the barbie, grilled summer squash, broccoli and carrots and a dinner salad with red onion, tomato and light balsamic vinegar 

Snack: vanilla protein shake with peanut butter





No comments:

Post a Comment