Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Saved by the Ring

Oh I almost had a relapse... I almost jumped on Facebook today!

I have been home almost every moment since Sunday afternoon and I was feeling a little stir crazy. Wondering what's going on out there. Feeling like I'm missing out. 

So I quickly grabbed my phone and text Allison! "Girl, I'm about ready to give in!" 

Fastest reply back from her = "Don't do it!"

"I need you to tackle me! It's sucking me in!"

"I'm coming!"

RING!!!!!!

Why would I feel this way? Like I'm missing out? But missing out on what? The maze of conversations that are both good and negative? Of people that you don't even really know? To get sucked into an hour of 'seeing what's going on?' Catch up? Encourage?

Heck I don't know what it was but almost  a month in, this was the first time it felt like I needed reassurance. 

I'm not gonna lie, it's been quite the change to be off social media. But not a bad change. But hard at times. 

I have actually gotten so much done in the last few weeks. 

I have felt a fog lifted that I didn't even realize had me sucked in and surrounded. Life seems clear. 

And beautiful. I have paid way more attention to the little, everyday, ordinary moments. I'm so thankful for those moments. 

I was the biggest skeptic on the question so many people have asked "how are you going to run a successful business without social media (Facebook)... And keep up with your team?"

To be honest, I'm still working on that. It takes a lot of out of the box, intentional, thoughtful planning. From phone calls, new strategies, mailings, and more... But I am loving this challenge. 

I'm so thankful today that The Lord placed an accountability friend in my life. Without Allie saving me from returning to a sinful behavior, I would not have made it through without spiraling out of control on the web. 

This journey has it's few challenges... But the rewards far outweigh them! 

Did you think I could last this long?

Do you think you could do it too?

What's your most favorite way to communicate?

Know what else I'm thankful for? This beauty... Whom I get to snuggle with in 7 days!!!!

And one last note of what not to do... Never... I repeat NEVER drink a half gallon of egg nog in one day. Like ever. 

XO
Jari

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany,
    She is beautiful! Congrats to you and your family!

    Jackie
    P.S. - Jari, I wanted to share Kaci 's senior pictures with you on facebook so you could pick your out but didn't want to tempt you. Will have you chose when you get here. Better get that new car bought so you guys don't have to hitch hike here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Jari for being strong, you have even inspired me to limit my time on FB(like 15 minutes) especially when my family is around! Christa Fitch

    ReplyDelete