Friday, August 8, 2014

Confessions of a Busy Mom

If you're anything like me, you know what it's like to forget things constantly. I simply forget to water my plants, buy dog food for Caesar (our little Japanese Chin dog) and I even forgot diapers and milk for little Avin.... just to name a few. Don't even get me started on remembering to wash the bedding every week or harvest the rhubarb!

Does your mind just spin out of control with thoughts running to and fro all day and at the end of the day, you feel like you've accomplished nothing? Sometimes I'll constantly remind myself to remember something only to walk out the door or end my day with forgetting that very thing.

I used to beat myself up about not crossing everything off my list or not having every thing I feel like we absolutely need. I would even send Joel to the store late at night to make sure we had EXACTLY what we were out of.  But I've learned to let some things go.

Today I have two confessions of a being a busy mom.

1. Since you're drinking wine anyway, why not use that empty wine bottle to help you remember to water your flowers? Oh yes! My friend Erin told me this trick a few weeks ago and it's GENIUS! But now is it bad that I'm counting all my pots and even bushes around the house to figure out how many bottles I need to consume?!? <--- Kidding. kinda.

2. If you run out of the organic whole milk that you ONLY feed to your baby and you get home late working a booth for your business at the local fair, you opt for the chocolate milk as her bed time snack. Hey... whatev... she chugged it, smiled and that made it all worth it.

What about you? What things have you learned to give up? To let go? What kind of tricks or ideas do you use to help your every day run a little smoother? Believe me... I need to know!

Ok.. time for bed. But first.... another list.

Milk ✔️
Dogfood✔️
Diapers✔️
Wine✔️

XO.
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment