Friday, September 12, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Nine days and eight nights. That's how long the mister and I have been away from home. 

I used to feel guilty about leaving our daughters for so long, multiple times a year, until a good friend reminded me that if it weren't for Scentsy, I would be away from them a lot more. 

There's nothing like a homecoming welcome by your kiddos. 

After almost an eleven hour drive home today in the wind, I was beyond ready to see our girls. Whenever I'm on my way home after being away, I get to the point of needing to see them. Like I crave them. They consume my mind and I can't even think straight. 

As soon as we knocked on the door at our friends' house to take the girls home, Alyn was jumping in my arms. Oh how that is one of the best feelings ever. I missed her little chin dimple, pink glasses & crooked teeth. 

Next I heard a little pitter patter running down the hallway. Little Miss Avin turned the corner and gasped 'Mommy!' With the biggest smile I had ever seen her give. With her messy blond hair, blue eyes and wide grin, I couldn't help but squeeze her and kiss her chubby cheeks! 

Arly, our little lady, patiently waited her turn. In the sweetest voice, the first thing she said was "I'm glad you made it home safely.' She is the most thoughtful little lady. I couldn't help but stare into her beautiful brown eyes with such gratitude that she is mine. 

Sometimes during the ordinary, everyday duties and routines, I lose focus on what really matters. I get caught up in wanting more, being more, doing more. 

This week away, surrounded by incredible people, amazing training, and a vision for our business future, helped me remember why I do what I do. They are my why. Why I work hard... And then harder. Why I choose to do the difficult and uncomfortable things. Why I choose the extraordinary. Why I choose to dream bigger.  

These three little girls are my world. Why The Lord chose me for them I'll never understand... But I am grateful. 

(Alyn wrote me a little note on the mirror a couple days ago. I don't think I'll be cleaning this mirror for a while) 

Tonight was full of stories, dancing & lots of snuggles.... An maybe just a few tears of joy. I'm so happy to be home. 

Feeling blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment