Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Happy Camper Camping Checklist

I'm so excited for another little camping adventure! This time it is adults only and I am already imagining a camper that has everything in place. No toys or crayons spread throughout the inside. No softballs or flip flops to trip over as I step off the stairs. But that also means no nighttime kisses, sweet girly giggles, or 'Gnomeo and Juliet.' (I mean, I guess if the adults want to watch it we can!)

As much as I'm going to miss my babies, I am, however, looking forward to this time away. It's always exciting to have great friends to 'rough it' with. Tonight, Joel and I are preparing our packing list. We've only been out camping a handful of times since we purchased our trailer in April. Each and every time we've taken her out to the wilderness (or softball complex parking lot!), we have forgotten something major. I don't want to be running back and forth to the store while we're there so I decided to start searching for a 'Master Camper Packing List.'

The problem is, some of these list are missing very important components while others are just not for us. Not our style, ya know. So I'm starting our own list here.

Master Camping List (Spry style!)

Outdoor:
fire pit & propane tank
wood & lighter
fire starters (old wax, cotton & toilet paper tube)
chairs
rug
table & tablecloth
extension cord & powerstrip
cooler
skewers
grill accessories
shovel

Kitchen:
utensils (don't forget the knives & tongs!)
beer & wine opener
can opener
pots & pans
paper plates
silverware
coffee maker, filters & mugs
glasses
mixing bowls
towels & dishcloths
garbage bags
paper towels
scissors
kleenex
ziplocs
aluminum foil
measuring cups
pot holders
dish soap

Bathroom:
rug
towels
shampoo & conditioner
plug in & wax
hand towels
garbage can & bags
toilet paper

Bedrooms:
sheets
pillows
comforter

extra blankets

Extras:
games
movies
bug spray
sunscreen
flashlights & headlamps
phone chargers
in a pikle bag
medicine bag
broom & dustpan
bleach wipes
wet wipes
beach towels

Food:
salt & pepper
olive & coconut oils
coffee
condiments

The rest of the food we'll shop for when we get there. The BBQ grill, generators, gas cans, hoses, mirrors, tire blocks, etc are already in the trailer. If you don't have them packed already make sure you throw them in.

Well, I think that's about it! Tomorrow, I will be a busy bee, whistling my way toward a happily packed camper. 

Did I forget anything? Let me know if I did!





1 comment: