Monday, October 14, 2013

Mama + Me Journal (DIY)

I've often thought of ways to make my girls feel special and know they can have one on one time with me. We've been having date nights where we go and do something fun together....occasionally.  But I want more. (isn't that the human thought... more more MORE!)

I was lying in bed thinking of how I was going to provide more one on one with the big girls when I came across this BRILLIANT idea and I just had to get out of bed, do and share!

I quickly made these photos using A Beautiful Mess App on my iPhone as I was snugglin' my still feverish baby and listening to my handsome hubby snoozin'.


I ran upstairs (as I heard this AMAZING sound of a group of coyotes outside that sounded like they were in our back yard! I love it!) to print off the photos using just regular office paper. I printed them out as 5 x 7 and made sure the whole photo showed up.

I remembered a stash of composite notebooks in the basement so I dashed through the dark house and grabbed two.

I cut out the printed photos and taped down with fun little washi tape pieces. (Have I told you how much I love using washi tape?!?)
Then I used mailing tape and sealed it all together... EASY!

I opened the first page and this is what I wrote:

I thought about using a 5 year One Line a Day planner for my bigs (I think just for Avin for now) but LOVE this idea so much more! I can't wait to fill these up and keep them for years to come.

I know our relationship will grow because of this simple idea... and it's oh so cute too.

Will you try it? If you make one, I want to see it!

Off to lay them on their beds ;)


XO.
Jari


1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how much your girls will appreciate this later. My parents divorced when I was four and my mom moved to Nevada when I was ten- but we kept in touch via a composite notebook that we sent back and forth. It's become one of the most special thugs to me since I don't have her anymore. This brought happy tears to my eyes. Keep up the good work busy Mama, you're doing a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete