Monday, January 13, 2014

Back to Life...

Back to the reality of mothering, teaching, laundry, cooking, unpacking, leading, learning and I'm loving every moment of it. 

It's Monday. I know a lot of people who do not look forward to this day of the week as they have to head off to a job that they don't really love.

Today I felt especially blessed to be living MY life. A work at home mom. 

I'll be the first to tell you that I have complained about it all in the past. I've been complacent and lazy with my daily duties. But something happened this past week in my heart. 

I'm not sure if it was being away from my girls... Or having some space to feel like I could really relax and breathe... But my eyes and heart were opened to joy. 

My joy...
Since we landed at home, I've really been intentional with just soaking in and loving my life. 

When I was preparing lessons late last night, I would have usually felt burdened and tired, but I chose joy. We live in a country that still allows us to educate our children with our values. 

As I was unpacking bag, after bag, after bag of dirty clothes, I would have normally wanted to cry looking at the pile of work in front of me. Instead, all I saw was the our sweet little girls we have been overwhelmingly blessed with and the memories made while we were living out of those bags. 

There have been so many little moments that have made me swell up with joy today. I feel new. I'm looking at my sweet life through new lenses. It's a beautiful mess, more beautiful than messy but messy nonetheless, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

Now it's time to do the pile of dishes so I can drift off to dreamland and wake up early...(earlier than I used to ;)

XO
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment