Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Hunter's Widow Freezer Meal Workshop... Velata Style

I just finished prepping eight meals for the girls and I to eat while Joel is away hunting this fall. Meal planning is just one thing I've never been good at... or consistent with. But tonight was fun! I spent about an hour and a half in the kitchen with the two older girls, laughing and chopping... Teaching them even more life skills: 'how to be a better cook than your mom' skill. 

I've participated in a few workshops like this and I seriously loooove crock pot meals and having dinner planned and prepped as soon as I wake up in the morning. Whoever started this concept... Probable decades ago!... is a GENIUS!

I'm grateful to have a few Velata consultants and friends who are willing to collaborate on this idea and take it to the Velata level! Yay!

So here's what's cookin':
I'm opening my home on Sunday November 2nd from 2-4pm for 10 women (or guys) to come prepare eight meals for their family. You will purchase a $35 Velata pantry pack that will contain your seasonings/rubs and some cheese used for your meals. You will also be provided a shopping list of items you will need to bring with you... Meat, veggies, etc. I will be providing a few things for everyone to use. 

You will have your own station set up tondo your chopping, slicing, dicing and measuring all while laughing and having fun conversations with other women. 

These are the meals we'll be preparing:
If you're interested in joining us for the maiden workshop, please let me know by end of day Wednesday (as I need to order the Velata goodies!) OR if you'd like to get your friends together we can absolutely do that too! You would earn free and half price items for you to choose on whatever products you love in our catalog! 

I have 5 spots still available for October but will be planning another workshop (with different meals) for November too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment