Monday, September 8, 2014

Our Happy Sunday

Today has been a Sunday not soon to forget. We have been away from home  for 4 days now. We traveled down to Boise for our first annual Velata convention on Thursday. This time with our Velata family was amazing! 

We brought the camper trailer down to be able to host some of our greatest friends. It has been such a relaxing few days (with maybe a hiccup or two) that I know we won't be forgetting anytime soon. 

Today has just been incredible. Allison and I woke up to a delicious breakfast made by our adorable husbands. I think Joel had his 'Sioux chef' role down and by now can make a killer guacamole and fresh roasted salsa... (Thanks to master chef Brian - who won the first ever Velata Raclette Wars with the help of Joel and their friend Kyle!) 

Our friends invited us to spend the day at their lake. So after sleeping in until way longer than I have in the last 3 tears, we loaded up the car and headed out to find the beach. 
Now I've seen some beaches in my day, but there is something special and just breathtaking about a little beach, where the water is quiet and still, hanging out with the sweetest friends in the warm sunshine.  There were paddle boards, tubes, kayaks, canoes and fishing poles. 
Allie and I chose to jump on the paddle boards first thing while the boys started fishing. It was my first time paddle boarding and after about 2 minutes I think I got it down (thankful for the learners boards!)

Joel and I later found a canoe and decided to be a little adventurous. It was exactly what we needed in the midst of our long, business but relationship filled week. We spent some time planning our future and setting goals. It was unforgettable. 
Right after our afternoon at the lake, we were hungry. (As is anyone who spends a few hours our on the water) We stopped at the BarrelHouse, a delicious local restaurant that served unique foods. And their menu is just the coolest. 
Tonight we say around the campfire, finished laundry and shared even more stories. 

I'm thankful for this experience. I'm thankful for these friendships. I'm thankful for this company.


No comments:

Post a Comment