Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy Friday + Happy to be Here

This is the 3rd day in a row that my main squeeze and I were up traveling well before the sun made it's appearance for the day. 

Every year, Joel and I travel to a mini family reunion with Scentsy and this year we decided to fly up to Toronto to surprise our group of consultants! They have well surpassed 200 this past month and over 80 of them will be at this mini reunion. For us, that is a BIG family reunion! We've been asked what we're going to do while we're there and every time my answer is simple. 

"We're going there to simply give high fives and hugs!" 

Seriously, I have the best job ever!!!!!

Details about our trip so far?

Day 1: up at 4:15am to travel to Bozeman and hang out with my friend Kay while Joel worked his job. Then an afternoon tax appointment. 
Evening drive to Butte to catch a little snooze before an early flight out. (Notice temperature at the continental divide above! Burr!)

Day 2: up at 4:00am and off to the airport. It was soooo cold outside. So cold in fact that our 6:35am flight was cancelled because air temp was -33 F and they couldn't use de-icer until it was at least -26 F which they weren't expecting until around 11am.  We rerouted and got a flight early the next morning out of Missoula. 
Day 3: this was our earliest morning. Up at 3:30am and out the door at 4:00 am. This is our bright eyes and not so bright eyed photo... Happy to be on the jet plane. 
Three air legs and we arrived in Buffalo NY around 3pm.... We were hungry!
What better thing to eat than hot wings at the bar that created them 50 years ago?! We loved hot wings so we found the Anchor Bar and downed a couple dozen little spicy wingers! Then off to the border. 
(I love my travel buddy!)
When you are in Canada and you see a Tim Horton's, you stop! Donuts and coffee were the perfect dessert for our early night in. 
We have just been laying in bed, watching the Olympics and dozing on and off. I woke up just in time to watch the lighting of the flame and wanted to share our last few days with you. But now it's time for me to go back to bed... Because I'm full of Scentsy Spirit and EXCITED to be with our group tomorrow!!!!!

Want to follow the rest of our trip? Follow me on Instagram to catch a glimpse into our weekend!

Want to know what's interesting? The last Winter Olympics in 2010, we were in Vancouver BC watching from a condo downtown while soaking in the real atmosphere with our family. This year, we are also watching from a Canadian perspective in a hotel in Toronto. I love how patriotic our friends are here. I do miss seeing some USA coverage though. But fun that two Olympics in a row we are watching from this beautiful country. 

XO
Jari




No comments:

Post a Comment