Sunday, August 11, 2013

Finding Joy in the Little Things

That's what I have spent the last hour doing. 

Snuggling my babies, kissing their foreheads, rubbing their backs and just being in the presence. 
 
Listening to my love breathe next to me. Toes touching. 

The dog is snoring. 

Dishwasher running. 

The wind blowing. 

I was reminded once again by a sweet friends blog post tonight about guarding my time with my family... By planning work and personal life.  (I'm on my phone so I can't link it but her blog is allisondalke.blogspot.com)

Far too often, I miss out on paying attention to the little things. I don't know if its because I'm so consumed in the present or looking at what's to come in the future. But it happens. And I'm aware of it. And I'm choosing to find joy in being more intentional with every moment (or almost. ;)

Tonight at church, the preaching was from Psalm 103. Bless The Lord, oh my soul. David is talking about the steadfast love of God and being aware and finding joy and thankfulness in all the benefits from The Lord. 

We sang 10,000 reasons by Matt Redmon, one of my favorites and it really convicted me to make sure I am looking for and become aware of the way The Lord displays himself in our lives. 

From the everyday things, the little things... The ordinary to the extraordinary. 

I need your help. I want to see how God is displaying himself in your life. I want to see how you are finding the benefits given to you from him. 

How fun would it be to share it with each other using a hashtag on Instagram and twitter! 

Lets share with each other the photos that show how you are finding joy in the little things that come from our Father. 

Use the hashtag #10thousandreasons and share with your friends too! Lets see all the ways He loves us. 



How long will it take us to get to 10,000 photos?

Ready? Set... Go!

XO
Jari



No comments:

Post a Comment