Saturday, August 10, 2013

What Cancer Cannot Do

I just got off the phone with my Auntie. 

She told me about the news my grandma just found out about her brother. 

He was diagnosed this evening with an EXTREMELY aggressive form of leukemia. 

One thing I know is that my great uncle loves Jesus. My grandmas family walks the walk of faith. Uncle Larry has a whole army of prayer warriors. 

This post was written by another Auntie and I couldn't have said it any better. Prayers of healing and thanksgiving for the cross. 


We need your prayers. 

Please pray for Uncle Larry and his wife Mary. Pray for their children and grandchildren. Pray for his siblings. Pray for his doctors. 

Most most importantly, please give thanks to our Lord who chose to leave His perfect life, to come to earth to die for our sins so that we would live perfectly in heaven forever. 

I found this on Pinterest and just think it really speaks to this situation. 

What Cancer Cannot Do:

Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit. 
- anonymous

Thank you for helping us lift my great uncle up. 

We love you Larry!
XOXOs from Montana. 

XO
Jari 



2 comments:

  1. Love the poem! Prayers and hugs from WI!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely said! Prayers for your Uncle Larry and for all those who are suffering from this terrible disease.

    And thank you God above for giving up your only son for our sins and our eternal life.

    Jari, I really enjoy reading your blog and find myself trying to better my everyday life after reading all about Spry life. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete