Monday, August 5, 2013

"What If I Drop Something?"

After a family breakdown, (well actually it was a breakthrough) last night, we scrambled through the closets and laundry basket full of clean laundry to pack two sweet little duffle bags. 

Our girls were bright eyed early this morning, bellied up to the kitchen table as their daddy served them eggs and toast with grape jelly - their favorite! 

Water bottles packed. Sleeping bags, check. Pillows and buddies, ready to go. 

It's time for a road trip! I must say the road I drove and did a 'turn & burn' on today is one of my favorites drives I've ever been on. The first few times we traveled this stretch of highway, I would make myself fall asleep because it made me car sick. Nope, not anymore. The past 2 years of traveling through this most beautiful scenery has made me love every curve in the highway. 

I was taking my two big girls to Bible camp!

This is Arly's second year and Alyn's first year so there was a lot of chatter in the back set the whole 2 hours on the way up. I overheard many conversations about how excited they both were to learn more about Jesus and meet new friends. 

But I also heard the sweetest conversation about being nervous. 

Alyn was asking Arly, "What if I get so nervous and drop something?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"Like what if I drop my lunch tray all over the cafeteria?"

"Then we'll laugh!"

To which I chimed in, "yeah, it's ok to laugh but you need to help pick up the mess."

And they both looked at me like, we'll, duh, no kidding.  (If you're the mom to 2 daughters at the almost tweenager stage you know exactly what I'm talking about!)
We pulled up to their cabin and they each quickly chose the top bunks. They met their cabin counselors and we made name signs for their beds. Then we walked around to the back of their cabin on the deck side. Just look!
Need a double take?
I couldn't be more excited for them. Just by being in this environment, how do you not feels God's presence?

We went down to the camp store to buy their t-shirts and then it was time for Avin and I to say good bye for the week. 
Lots of hugs and kisses to hold us all over until Friday my loves! I can't wait to hear about their adventures. To learn about how their lives have changed spiritually. To see the blossoming of new friendships. 

It's going to be so hard not talking to them for 4 days. I miss them already. 

XO
Jari







2 comments:

  1. AHHHHH They will have SO MUCH FUN! I miss camp days...wish I could go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camp days are the BEST days! Hope you can make it through them too, pretty mama.

    ReplyDelete