Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Scripture Memorization Idea

I have always struggled with memorizing scripture. I know the importance of it... to store His Word and Truth in your heart, but I stink at it. Really, I do. Oh ok, honestly, whenever I had to take tests, I would cram. Oh ok, and to be even more honest, I'm still a crammer! *shoot!

I saw this somewhere and I've been doing it for a little bit and I'm amazed at how many words are etched on my heart. You write down somewhere where you'll see it many times during the day (I clearly chose my forearm) the first letter of each word in the verse. Then when you look at it, it's incredible how the words just pop out at your just seeing the first word.
----You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Psalms 23:5-----

Each one of my kiddos have noticed and pointed it out.... Arly said, "oh cool." Alyn said, "looks like a tattoo." Avin said, "so we can write on our skin?' and Anchor colored his hands PINK!

What do you think? Would you try it too? Do you have a way that you memorize scripture that you'd like to share?

XO.
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment