Thursday, November 7, 2013

Peace & Quiet

I've tried to be an early bird.... But I just keep missing the worm. I really am okay with that. 

I've tried to go to bed a smidgen earlier and get up before the rest of the house to have my 'me' time. 

But I just can't stick with it. There is just something about the stillness of the night. The quiet. The peace. 

In this season of my life I'm going to just go ahead with the fact that I'm a night owl and that's when I can be alone with my thoughts, prayers and books. 

No sounds (except the occasional barking of the neighborhood coyotes). Deafening silence really. Just me. And some sleepy loved ones. 

My time to dig. 
I'm so thankful for nights like this. When I'm still awake to write this post on my phone (yes, I write this blog almost every night on my iPhone) and soon to be nose deep in God's Word. 

What a beautiful night. 

What's your favorite time of the day? Morning or night?

XO
Jari

2 comments:

  1. My favorite time of the day is supper time. Pretty much the only time when all six of us are together, and only sometimes. The kitchen table is a special piece of furniture if used properly.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always a night owl but a few years ago I just started waking up? go figure but I still like the night..and I did that Bible study too...are you wearing your blue ribbon? :)

    ReplyDelete