Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Mail Brings Smiles

Alyn was absolutely and completely giddy when she ran back across the street from the mailbox today. Instantly I knew it had to be a little package from her friend Addy! Isn't this precious?!
There is just something so special and heart warming when you get a fun little package in the mail. How can you not be filled with happiness and keep your cheeks from splitting from a big ol' grin when you see your name written in rainbow colors?!

Happy Mail is something that I have been trying to send more of to my family, friends, team members and customers. I made it a goal at the beginning of the year after receiving two fun packages back to back from friends. There have been months when I send a lot of letters, cards and packages and some months with just a few. 

And guess what happens?! More often than not, someone sends me back something sweet and thoughtful! 

I have two favorite reasons that I love Happy Mail. 

1) It seriously makes me happy to send something to someone through snail mail. Whether big or small, I know that when they open their mailbox, they most likely will feel a smile stretch across their face and maybe even a little hug in their heart. Sounds cheesy but it's true. That's what I feel when I receive something other than bills or political/credit card junk mail. We live in a world that is full of online/screen contact... Email, Texting, social media. Don't get me wrong, I love those things but snail mail means something a little more personal. An extra bit of love just for you.  

2) Our children feel the same way about getting fun mail as we do... If not more. If we're not careful, our kiddos might be part of a generation where the art of handwriting letters to friends will be gone. I want them to know the thrill and excitement of sending and receiving packages. I want them to write letters back and forth with family and friends. I want them to cherish these letters for a long time. I want them to feel special and connected to someone outside of the online world. 

What about you? Have you sent or received something lately that was just perfect timing or made you day a little brighter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment