Sunday, November 9, 2014

Arrrr... BOOM! 6th grade Basketball Cheer

Unless you have been a coach for one your children's sports teams, I honestly cannot explain the joy it brings to your heart. 

I've played many roles for my kiddos. Mom, nurse, teacher, taxi driver, snuggler, therapist, servant, librarian, and so many more.... But I was never a coach for a sports team. (Or assistant coach ;)

Friday, Arly and her 6th grade teammates played their first basketball game. They played amazingly well! For having only three practices ever in her whole life, Arly caught on to the swing of the game super quick! 

Her team, "Pirates of Thunder," hustled up and down the court. They played as a team and all contributed to their win; 37-9. 

They have an incredible head coach who is so patient, kind and knowledgable. I'm honored that I get to wear royal blue and be a part of their team. I'm happy to jump in at practice while running drills (and be completely sore the next day) because witnessing your child learn how to play a new sport, be a team player, get nervous and have a blast is one of the best feelings in the whole world. 

(And now I'm going to jump on the treadmill, I need to be able to keep up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment