Sunday, February 9, 2014

Friendship is...

When you are away and you just know they are loving on your kids like their own. 

When you stop by for something quick and you spend hours talking and laughing. 

When you don't have dinner together weekly you miss them. 

When you have about a dozen inside jokes that no one else understands. 

When the sound of their laugh brings the biggest smile to your face. 

When you can ask for prayer and know they'll pray with and for you. 

This is a friendship that makes me want to be a better friend. A friendship that has taught me how to laugh, love, and serve. 

We are so blessed to have these friends in our life for so many reasons. They have taught us to be a better family. 

Thank you for always being there for us. For always helping us out. Know how much we appreciate you.  

Do you have a friendship like this with someone? If so, you are so blessed! If not; BE a friend like this. I encourage you to start a weekly something with someone you live near. Game night, coffee, dinner. Be a friend for your neighbor. Joyfully serve them. 

I miss my girls so much. I'm flying at about 35,000 feet on my 5th plane ride in 3 days and have one more flight to go tonight before I will be able to squeeze the 3 Spry girls. I'm so thankful that even when I'm unable to physically take care of my children, we have loving friends who willingly open their home and their doors to our girls. 

Feeling blessed tonight. 


XO
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment