Sunday, July 21, 2013

Oh What a Week - Sharing Sunday 7!

A sweet friend has been a constant reminder to me about being intentional with my time. If you haven't been able to tell by now, I am a scatter brain, chaos up in the noggin', all the time gal! I've NEVER had a routine... NEVER had a system. I have always just kind of went with the flow of everything. And because I never had routine, we usually allowed other people or situations control our time. ALL the time. This was very hard on our little family as my attention was pulled in SO many directions. I would drag my girls in the car for hours during the day so I could meet up with people on THEIR schedules. This would mean that my sweet girls would be doing most of their schoolwork in the car, at Starbucks meeting with other customers or team members, or traveling to towns as far as 30 minutes each way just to deliver some products. I'm a people please... as are so many people I know... and it is exhausting and it wears by family out too.

I've learned over the past year or so - actually more like 6 months - well, ok, I'm still learning... that EVERYTHING I do, EVERYWHERE I go, needs to be INTENTIONALLY planned out.

This isn't easy for me to do. In fact, I have to work on it every day. I know that it sounds all fine and dandy - but how in the world do you get started planning EVERYTHING?!?! Let me share with you a few tools that have helped me make my plans and set my goals every week.

Let's start with - The Sunday 7! Allison is the genius behind this concept... you can read all about it here.

This has helped me prioritize the way I plan things out. It has also been a huge help in setting mini goals every week that will ultimately lead to my BIG goal! Whether it is calling a friend and building relationships to meal planning and date nights. Organizing the laundry room to planning field trips for the girls. I love the Sunday 7 and NEED the Sunday 7! Every Sunday night - yep tonight - I sit down and plan out the whole week. Wanna see something super cute too?!? Emmy at MAAY (planner girl) and Allison teamed up to make this lovely printout that matches the new planners! HOW FUN!

I LOVE my planner from MuchAdoAboutYou. These planners are fabulous! I've used these for 2 years now and just got my new 2014 one that starts in August. Last year I got the girls the student planners too - works PERFECTLY for home schooling. LikeMAAY facebook page to get up to date info on her release and cut off dates for the planners.
(no photo source)

I'm thankful that I have found something that works for me. I know it can be somewhat overwhelming to plan. And then to sit and look at Pinterest and starting planning on how you are going to plan. Don't make yourself dizzy and worn out. Just start somewhere. This has worked for me and I pray it will work for you too. Give it a try. What do you have to lose? Maybe a little organization in your life? Maybe some more time added to your week? Maybe an intentional date with your husband? Or your child?

Tell me, what do you do to stay intentional with your time? Will you give this a try?

PS. I'll post photos here tomorrow of my Sunday 7  this week when I can get a good photo without my big huge phone shadow :)

XO.
Jari

No comments:

Post a Comment